What are the best pieces of content you have consumed outside of IT Pack in the past week? Post a brief description and the URL's below.
I have found this blog to be very insightful.
I go through a lot of content over lunch and late at night. Some content is focused and some content is just for gratification.
* Book: Unleashing the Power of It: Bringing People, Business, and Technology Together is written by Dan Roberts. It's an excellent book for everyone in leadership role
* Book: Bryce Austin wrote Secure Enough? That book has nice hints about governance. It helps our IT team see gaps in our literature
* Book: The Institutes (Insurance related knowledge group) has a publication on Managing Cyber Risk. It's a weekly read that relates to the insurance world and could lead to a certification
* Book: I'm reading a book about how children listen. It's effective on adults too
* TV: I've been getting addicted to 24 (TV Series) on Hulu and am wondering why staff in CTU (in the TV Series) walk away from their computer systems without locking it
* PluralSight - https://pluralsight.com is a great resource of management needs and keeping in touch with various tech. Andy Hunt's courses on security are neat. Lectures on NIST, ISO, COBIT, ITIL are really good to hear
* Creative content on Digg (digg.com), Product Hunt (https://www.producthunt.com/), Reddit (reddit.com), Hacker News (https://news.ycombinator.com/) are inspirational
* FlipBoard - https://flipboard.com/ and Apple News app are good resources for business news