We wanted to open up the opportunity to give us insights about how we can continue to grow the community. Do you have any helpful tips you'd recommend to get the word out?
I want to encourage members to please give Jeff's question some serious thought and let him know how you can better benefit from IT Pack. There has been a lot of new interest in this virtual community since the Covid crisis. This platform is showing how we can benefit from having a service that keeps us connected and informed on the topics that challenge us in our work.
I believe some of these things can grow engagement:
* Discussion rooms (similar to subreddits) to discuss diverse topics
* Articles organized by topics (e.g. list of policies, sample of a policy, etc.)
* Industry news (similar to news.ycombinator.com)
* Links organized by topics (e.g. Vulnerabilities topic may have links to CVE, HoneyPot data etc., QA Automation may have links to Selenium, Puppeteer, Cyprus etc., and so on)
* Mentorship opportunities for upcoming leaders
* Job board for candidates and companies - no recruiters
* Internship opportunities
* Book club (technical/management) to discuss learnings from books IT Pack is reading, or recommending books/chapters
It seems IT Pack admins are already watching growth. If more people are engaged, the site will grow faster. Gentle nudges from time to time can help with engagement.
I support all the items that @Chirag listed. I would add
* Panel discussions with leaders
* Virtual coffee sessions and topics, open town halls
* Surveys to identify topics of interest
* Podcasts with leaders
+1 for the mentoring, articles, and Discussion rooms