As a community participant:
1) Ensure your contributions are relevant to the community topic.
2) Adhere to the No Vendors Policy; report sales solicitation.
IT Pack is a vendor-free community that will prove a “safe place” for collaboration to take place. This community in large will be a self- policing community. If you are in any way solicited by a vendor we need to know about it so the appropriate actions can take place. Please send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org for any actives of solicitation or if a member is actually a vendor.
3) Complete your profile.
The more detail you add to your profile, the more people will want to engage with you and the more connected you'll be to fellow network participants.
4) Be yourself; please never impersonate another person.
5) Don't violate someone else's privacy.
You can post your own personal details and contact information (but do remember that data can become public easily even with our private forum), but don't post anyone else's personal details or contact information.
6) If you have a personal connection to any content or contribution, disclose your connection or, where appropriate, do not contribute at all.
7) Cite your sources.
Attribute quotes and paraphrased comments to their proper sources.
8) Don't infringe copyright.
If you want to upload a copy of an image, text, video or any other content, make sure you have the right to reproduce them on this website. Posting copyright material without permission may be unlawful. If you want to discuss someone else’s work, summarize it in your own words.
9) Don't post inappropriate links.
You can only post links to another website if the content on that other site abides with this Policy, and if that other website allows you to post links to their website.
10) Remember while this is a private forum, information from a member could potentially be shared publicly.
Once your contribution is online, everyone within this forum or the private group may be able to read it. Don't forget that you are legally responsible for what you submit. Please consider how others could perceive your contribution. Please make your contribution clear to ensure that it is not misunderstood. Many different types of people may view your contribution.
11) Watch your language.
Please be polite. Do not use swear words, profane, crude or sexual language. Any of these violations could result in immediate loss of membership.
12) Don’t be libelous or abusive.
You must not make or encourage contributions that are:
- Defamatory, false or misleading;
- Insulting, threatening or abusive;
- Obscene or of a sexual nature;
- Offensive, racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminatory against any religions or other groups.
Any of these offenses will result in immediate loss of membership.
13) Report inappropriate content.
Please help us maintain high standards of participation. If you consider that a contribution does not comply with this Policy please report it via email@example.com . This remedy should be used where content is in breach of our Policy, but not simply because you disagree with something said.
We reserve the right (although not the obligation) to take down any contribution that we deem to be unsuitable, or which is reported as being unsuitable. In such an instance, the person that made the contribution will be notified. If you are aware that contribution has been removed, you must not deliberately resubmit the same contribution. Removal of membership may occur, without refund, for members in extreme.